all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Lost tilde in Ubuntu 7.04 upgrade (scim conflict?)
@ 2007-04-26  7:28 Jari Oksanen
From: Jari Oksanen @ 2007-04-26  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear list,

I upgraded to Ubuntu Linux version 7.04 and immediately lost tilde in GNU Emacs
run in X window. (It still works in emacs -nw, but I don't). I mainly use emacs
as an R environment (with ESS) and for writing LaTeX (latex) and in both you do
need tilde. It is not mute, it is not difficult to use, but it is lost.

What I know now is that if I remove scim input method, I get tilde back. This
means that I lose support to Japanese and Russian input. I can do that, but I
would not like to.

I use Finnish keyboard, but this seems not be an option in scim.

Any help or hint to a help?

Best wishes, Jari Oksanen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-04-26  7:28 UTC | newest]