all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to configure dictionary.el
@ 2014-06-24 14:44 François Patte
       [not found] ` <mailman.4224.1403629469.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: François Patte @ 2014-06-24 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Bonjour,

I try to use the dictionary package, but I fail!

dictd is running on my machine.

I tried to follow instructions there:

http://www.myrkr.in-berlin.de/dictionary/installation.html

But if I ask to search a word:

M-x dictionary-search

I get this answer:

 Autoloading failed to define function dictionary-search

I have no idea about what to do....

Thanks for helping.

--
François Patte
Université Paris Descartes

* Re: how to configure dictionary.el
@ 2014-06-24 17:04 ` Michael Heerdegen
       [not found] ` <mailman.4224.1403629469.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2014-06-24 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> writes:

> I tried to follow instructions there:
>
> http://www.myrkr.in-berlin.de/dictionary/installation.html

How exactly did you install it?

BTW, if your Emacs version is not too old, the easiest installation
method today is probably via M-x package-list-packages.

Michael.

@ 2014-06-24 17:42   ` François Patte
From: François Patte @ 2014-06-24 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Le 24/06/2014 19:04, Michael Heerdegen a écrit :
> François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> writes:
>
>> I tried to follow instructions there:
>>
>> http://www.myrkr.in-berlin.de/dictionary/installation.html
>
> How exactly did you install it?
>
> BTW, if your Emacs version is not too old, the easiest installation
> method today is probably via M-x package-list-packages.

Thanks for answering. I could solve the problem: my emacs (24.3) was
installed from a debian install and --- as it often happens with debian
--- the package dictionary was obsolete... I installed a new one and
could get this config working.

Thanks.