all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* options/config for the CVS built
@ 2005-03-07 12:15 Gnooby
From: Gnooby @ 2005-03-07 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm about to build the CVS version of Emacs 21.4.  It's for Windows
2000, but that shouldn't matter, in this case.

I have done this on Linux some time ago and I remember the built
process to be *very* time-consuming.  IIRC it took more than 2 hours
(maybe even more than 4 hours, I can not recall). This is on a modern
PC, where the compilation of the "normal" Emacs source only takes about
one hour (probably much less, I can not recall).

I'd like to avoid that this time.  Not only to save time and diskspace,
but in order do undertstand the built-process.  So, I'm looking for a
way to build just the minimum set (plus Gnus, maybe) from CVS.  How
would I do this?  I took a look at %CVSROOT%\emacs\configure
(respectively: %CVSROOT%\emacs\nt\configure.bat), but couldn't get any
further.

Thanks for your attention.