all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Customization of language ADA
@ 2002-12-28 17:36 JOL
From: JOL @ 2002-12-28 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

how to avoid that an option is modified from outside menus of customization?
I modify an option, I record it for future uses but always appears another
one when initiating emacs...
In concrete one is the option to debugger in the language ADA.
Always appears "ddd..." but I have saved "gvd....."
DESPERADO
Thanks...

* Re: Customization of language ADA
@ 2002-12-28 18:15 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-28 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

JOL <181873@cienz.unizar.es> writes:

> how to avoid that an option is modified from outside menus of customization?
> I modify an option, I record it for future uses but always appears another
> one when initiating emacs...
> In concrete one is the option to debugger in the language ADA.
> Always appears "ddd..." but I have saved "gvd....."

After using Customize to change something, you have to hit the "Save
for future changes" button.
--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: Customization of language ADA
@ 2002-12-28 21:17   ` JOL
From: JOL @ 2002-12-28 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann wrote:

> After using Customize to change something, you have to hit the "Save
> for future changes" button.

I already do this¡¡¡¡¡
but still it remains the option previous (ddd...) when initiating emacs
again¡¡¡¡¡

* Re: Customization of language ADA
@ 2002-12-28 22:02     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-28 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

JOL <181873@cienz.unizar.es> writes:

> Kai Großjohann wrote:
>>
>> After using Customize to change something, you have to hit the "Save
>> for future changes" button.
>
> I already do this¡¡¡¡¡

Hm.  I'm afraid that then you will have to give more detailed
information: what is your operating system, what version of Emacs are
you running.  After starting Emacs, what do you do to change the
debugger for ADA mode?  After exiting and starting Emacs again, how
do you find out that the variable has the wrong value?  (What's the
command to invoke the debugger?)

If a nonempty file won't do, it might be good to include a file that
helps show the problem.

I have never seen ADA.  So I have no idea how that works or goes or
whatever.  I just know some Emacs.
--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: Customization of language ADA
@ 2002-12-28 22:05       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-28 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Hm.  I'm afraid that then you will have to give more detailed
> information: what is your operating system, what version of Emacs are
> you running.  After starting Emacs, what do you do to change the
> debugger for ADA mode?  After exiting and starting Emacs again, how
> do you find out that the variable has the wrong value?  (What's the
> command to invoke the debugger?)

I've now created a buffer x.ada and entered ada-mode.  Then I tried
to find a variable that specifies the debugger to use, but couldn't
find one.  The closest I could find was ada-which-compiler.

Using Emacs 21.2.
--
Ambibibentists unite!

* Re: Customization of language ADA
@ 2002-12-31  1:00 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2002-12-31  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

if you saved the customization of some variable
(ada-prj-default-debugger ?), your .emacs should contain lines similar
to the folowing:

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(ada-prj-default-debugger "${cross_prefix}ddd")
)

if you have more than just one call to custom-set-variables somewhere
in the lisp code, which is executed starting emacs and ada-mode, the
last one is valid.

martin