all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
@ 2003-12-10  0:29 Christian Seberino
From: Christian Seberino @ 2003-12-10  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.

Some files that start with period are missing.

Chris

* Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
@ 2003-12-10  0:42 ` Fredrik Arnerup
From: Fredrik Arnerup @ 2003-12-10  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:

> I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.
>
> Some files that start with period are missing.

That is the normal behaviour in Unix. Files that start with a period
are hidden by default when you list the contents of a directory.

--
Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far@e.kth.se>

* Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
@ 2003-12-10  2:34   ` Tim McNamara
From: Tim McNamara @ 2003-12-10  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far@e.kth.se> writes:

> seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:
>
>> I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.
>>
>> Some files that start with period are missing.
>
> That is the normal behaviour in Unix. Files that start with a period
> are hidden by default when you list the contents of a directory.

Is there a SpeedBar equivalent of ls -a?

* Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
@ 2003-12-10 13:36     ` Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-12-10 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far@e.kth.se> writes:
>
> > seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:
> >
> >> I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.
> >>
> >> Some files that start with period are missing.
> >
> > That is the normal behaviour in Unix. Files that start with a period
> > are hidden by default when you list the contents of a directory.
>
> Is there a SpeedBar equivalent of ls -a?

        If  I   remember  correctly,   if  you  browse   the  speedbar
customization  buffer there's a  regular expression  you can  edit for
files  to hide.  So  you could  have it  show everything,  nothing, or
ignore  files which  aren't  in programming  language  ____ if  you're
working on them.  I suppose if  you knew enough LISP you could do some
pretty spiffy things.

-Dan

* Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
@ 2003-12-10 15:02     ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2003-12-10 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> seems to think that:
>Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far@e.kth.se> writes:
>
>> seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:
>>
>>> I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.
>>>
>>> Some files that start with period are missing.
>>
>> That is the normal behaviour in Unix. Files that start with a period
>> are hidden by default when you list the contents of a directory.
>
>Is there a SpeedBar equivalent of ls -a?

Speedbar uses the built in command `directory-files'.
It pushes the output through `speedbar-file-unshown-regexp'
and `speedbar-directory-unshown-regexp'.  If you mess about with these
variables you can get it to display anything you want.

The "show all files" menu entry toggles the display of files which
should not be 'unshown' but do not have a means of being tagged.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam             "Photonic Doodler"    The MathWorks x 7556
eludlam@mathworks.com         (work)        http://www.mathworks.com