all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* flyspell paste annoyance
@ 2004-01-27 16:26 Bruce Ingalls
From: Bruce Ingalls @ 2004-01-27 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Emacs v21.3.50.1 on w32, and I click the appropriate Mouse 2.
The popup menu of suggested corrections comes up nicely.
However, about half the time, it also pastes any copied text.

Any suggestions?

Also - here is a feature suggestion:
I know that there is a flymake.el out there.
However, anyone interested in creating a variation of flyspell, perhaps
called flytags, which does an agrep on func-menus of all open buffers,
as well as any TAGS files?
Perhaps a second mouse key could jump to the function definition.

* Re: flyspell paste annoyance
@ 2004-01-28 14:25 ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2004-01-28 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Bruce Ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.NO-SPAM.com> seems to think that:
[...]
>Also - here is a feature suggestion:
>I know that there is a flymake.el out there.
>However, anyone interested in creating a variation of flyspell,
>perhaps called flytags, which does an agrep on func-menus of all open
>buffers, as well as any TAGS files?
>Perhaps a second mouse key could jump to the function definition.

I was unable to completely understand the above paragraph, but I think
you are asking for something called intellisense in "other" IDE
editors.

http://cedet.sourceforge.net/intellisense.shtml

I've been working on the next generation of this over the past couple
weeks, and an early sample was checked into CVS last week.  At the
moment, if a cursor is sitting on a partial symbol, it will pop up a
tooltip showing what it could be.  TAB is rebound to perform
completion at this time.  It does not mark all symbols that cannot be
found with the little red squiggle though.  That is an adventure for
another day.

Tooltips aren't available everywhere though so I've been trying
abstract things out so it is consistent and reliable across many
configurations.  It's a fun little project.

Eric
--
Eric Ludlam             "Photonic Doodler"    The MathWorks x 7556
eludlam@mathworks.com         (work)        http://www.mathworks.com

* Re: flyspell paste annoyance
@ 2004-01-28 18:29 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-01-28 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Ingalls wrote:

> I use Emacs v21.3.50.1 on w32, and I click the appropriate Mouse 2.
> The popup menu of suggested corrections comes up nicely.
> However, about half the time, it also pastes any copied text.
>
> Any suggestions?

Perhaps the [mouse-2] binding in flyspell-mouse-map should be [down-mouse-2]?

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: flyspell paste annoyance
@ 2004-01-28 20:50   ` Bruce Ingalls
From: Bruce Ingalls @ 2004-01-28 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Ludlam wrote:
>>I know that there is a flymake.el out there.

> http://cedet.sourceforge.net/intellisense.shtml
Cedet is more ambitious than my idea, and I believe it encompasses it.

Kevin-

 >Perhaps the [mouse-2] binding in flyspell-mouse-map should be
 >[down-mouse-2]?

[down-mouse-2] is how it is done in flyspell version 1.7b. I'll have to
work harder at reproducing the problem.
About all I can offer currently, is that mouse-2 should likely be
disabled, while the popup menu is active.