all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Dired command for a GUI browser?
@ 2013-03-21 12:11 Haines Brown
       [not found] ` <kif7on$ctj$1@news.sap-ag.de>
From: Haines Brown @ 2013-03-21 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I daily have to run the "! w3m" command on an .html file selected in
dired. However these .html files are from a particular source, and their
organization makes the w3m display very difficult to read. I am running
Emacs under Debian Squeeze.

I would like to run a Firefox or Conkeror command on those files, but
when I try "! firefox", Firebox starts but reports page not found. As
best I can make out none of the emacs or dired extensions address this
problem.

Haines Brown