Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Once upon a time, I'll swear I read somewhere about being able to configure >> C-mode to "use the current style", but now I can't find it. I'd like to use >> such a feature. > > Check c-guess (in cc-guess.el). > Thanks, that could be very useful. However, I just tried adding the following to my c-mode-hook to configure the style automatically when I open a file: (setq c-guess-guessed-basic-offset nil) (setq c-guess-guessed-offsets-alist nil) (c-guess-no-install) (if c-guess-guessed-basic-offset (setq c-basic-offset c-guess-guessed-basic-offset)) (if c-guess-guessed-offsets-alist (setq c-offsets-alist c-guess-guessed-offsets-alist)) For some reason, this is horribly slow (takes several minutes to complete). When I remove those lines and launch c-guess-no-install interactively with M-x, then it is almost instantaneous (less than one second). Anybody knows what's happening? Thanks, Jerome -- mailto:jeberger@free.fr http://jeberger.free.fr Jabber: jeberger@jabber.fr