all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* backup~ files in svn sandbox on Raspbian
@ 2015-12-03 15:35 Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2015-12-03 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

To the best of my recollection, on every other *n*x system I've used,
emacs automatically refrains from making backup files ending with '~'`q
when editing files inside a subversion sandbox.  But on Raspbian
wheezy, I see "SVN-1106" (example) in the information bar but emacs
still leaves the ~ files there.  I have no idea how to disable the
backup files in svn sandboxes, because for me it has always been the
default behavior.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

version = GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, GTK+ Version
2.24.10) of 2012-09-13 on build03.raspbian.lan, modified by Debian

* Re: backup~ files in svn sandbox on Raspbian
@ 2015-12-07 15:33 ` Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2015-12-07 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2015-12-03, Adam Funk wrote:

> To the best of my recollection, on every other *n*x system I've used,
> emacs automatically refrains from making backup files ending with '~'`q
> when editing files inside a subversion sandbox.  But on Raspbian
> wheezy, I see "SVN-1106" (example) in the information bar but emacs
> still leaves the ~ files there.  I have no idea how to disable the
> backup files in svn sandboxes, because for me it has always been the
> default behavior.  Any suggestions?

> version = GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, GTK+ Version
> 2.24.10) of 2012-09-13 on build03.raspbian.lan, modified by Debian

I've found two variables that control this sort of thing, but
vc-make-backup-files is nil on both machines, & vc-handled-backends
has the same value
(RCS CVS SVN SCCS Bzr Git Hg Mtn Arch)
on both.  Is there anything else, maybe a missing file or package,
that might explain why emacs on Raspbian is making the backup files in
svn?

* Re: backup~ files in svn sandbox on Raspbian
@ 2015-12-22 11:58 ` Adam Funk
From: Adam Funk @ 2015-12-22 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2015-12-03, Adam Funk wrote:

> To the best of my recollection, on every other *n*x system I've used,
> emacs automatically refrains from making backup files ending with '~'`q
> when editing files inside a subversion sandbox.  But on Raspbian
> wheezy, I see "SVN-1106" (example) in the information bar but emacs
> still leaves the ~ files there.  I have no idea how to disable the
> backup files in svn sandboxes, because for me it has always been the
> default behavior.  Any suggestions?

Well, whatever it was has been changed in emacs 24 in Raspbian Jessie
to the behavior I expect.