Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen , 17780@debbugs.gnu.org, >> Stefan Kangas , Jan Beich , >> 67931@debbugs.gnu.org >> From: Illia Ostapyshyn >> Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 20:46:33 +0200 >> >> Sorry, forgot to attach the patch, sending it with this email. > > Thanks, I'm adding Eric to the discussion. Thanks! I've realized that reusing certfile parameter for signing will have unintended side-effects when encrypting and signing a message. When a single signencrypt MML tag is used for both this results in all certfiles passed to both `smime-encrypt-buffer' and `smime-sign-buffer'. I'm sending a new patch that introduces a parameter called chainfile for signatures instead.