all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* customized variable custom-enabled-themes is set before custom-theme-directory is set
@ 2008-01-12 14:42 Jaehyun Yeom
From: Jaehyun Yeom @ 2008-01-12 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bug-gnu-emacs

I'm using customize package to customize Emacs. I started to split it up with
themes. And I enabled theme by setting custom-enabled-themes.

Soon I realized I need to move my themes to different directory. So I set
custom-theme-directory to another directory.

The problem begins. My theme is no longer enabled at startup, because
custom-enabled-themes is alphabetically before custom-theme-directory. So
emacs first search themes at default directory, "~/.emacs.d/" and then set
it to "~/.emacs.d/themes/". If I cut and paste customize file to switch
them, it works. But as soon as I save custom file with customize package, it
automatically sort it alphabetically.

I can set theme directory manually with setq function before customize
block, it is still a bug that it's not possible to set
custom-theme-directory using cutomize package.

* Re: customized variable custom-enabled-themes is set before custom-theme-directory is set
@ 2008-02-08  2:12 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-02-08  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaehyun Yeom; +Cc: Bug-gnu-emacs

Jaehyun Yeom wrote:

> My theme is no longer enabled at startup, because
> custom-enabled-themes is alphabetically before
> custom-theme-directory. So emacs first search themes at default
> directory, "~/.emacs.d/" and then set it to "~/.emacs.d/themes/". If
> I cut and paste customize file to switch them, it works. But as soon
> as I save custom file with customize package, it automatically sort
> it alphabetically.

Thanks for the report. Sorry for the delay. This should be fixed in Emacs-22.2.

*** custom.el	7 Jan 2008 02:44:58 -0000	1.132.2.4
--- custom.el	8 Feb 2008 02:10:35 -0000
***************
*** 898,903 ****
--- 898,905 ----
  			 (error "Circular custom dependency between `%s' and `%s'"
  				sym1 sym2))
  			(2-then-1 nil)
+ 			;; 1 is a dependency of 2, so needs to be set first.
+ 			(1-then-2)
  			;; Put minor modes and symbols with :require last.
  			;; Putting minor modes last ensures that the mode
  			;; function will see other customized values rather
*** 1092,1097 ****
--- 1094,1100 ----
  and always takes precedence over other Custom Themes."
    :group 'customize
    :type  '(repeat symbol)
+   :set-after '(custom-theme-directory)  ; so we can find the themes
    :set (lambda (symbol themes)
  	 ;; Avoid an infinite loop when custom-enabled-themes is
  	 ;; defined in a theme (e.g. `user').  Enabling the theme sets