On Thursday, November 17th, 2022 at 13:39, Yuan Fu wrote: > > Ah, the purpose of that rule is to highlight field names in the LHS of assignments only. So if I disable property and enable assignment, I should see normal field names not highlighted, but field names in LHS of assignments highlighted. > I see - you're trying to truly cover everything in assignment on its own. > > Also, I've attached an updated patch: it seems that the escape-sequence feature needs an override to work (probably because it's inside a string that's highlighted?).<0001-Utilize-new-font-lock-faces-for-C-C-and-Python-tree-.patch> > > > Thanks. I will add back the assignment field rule and apply, is that ok with you? > Sure! I attached a patch which keeps it.