all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* `undo_list' in struct buffer
@ 2007-11-17 17:42 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-11-17 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Please put a comment there expaining why it is located in among
elements that are not marked by GC, and referring to the special
marking code for that slot.  Otherwise this will look like a bug.

* Re: `undo_list' in struct buffer
@ 2007-11-18  4:22 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-11-18  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Please put a comment there expaining why it is located in among
> elements that are not marked by GC, and referring to the special
> marking code for that slot.  Otherwise this will look like a bug.

The comment already says:

     This comes before `name' because it is marked in a special way.

Admittedly, you failed to read it when you moved the entry (including
the above comment ;-), so maybe you can make it louder, but it looks
sufficient to me.

* Re: `undo_list' in struct buffer
@ 2007-11-18 22:45   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-11-18 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

    > Please put a comment there expaining why it is located in among
    > elements that are not marked by GC, and referring to the special
    > marking code for that slot.  Otherwise this will look like a bug.

    The comment already says:

	 This comes before `name' because it is marked in a special way.

I probably didn't see it because it directly follows many other lines.

As I get older, I tend to see only the beginning of a paragraph unless
I make a special effort to read it all slowly.

A blank line before that sentence would make it more visible.  I will
try to remember to put one in.  Moving it to the front of the comment
would also help.