all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* New tex-bibtex-file in tex-mode.el to take into account TeX-master
@ 2008-12-22  0:53 Francois Fleuret
From: Francois Fleuret @ 2008-12-22  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Dear Emacs developers,

I slightly modified tex-bibtex-file so that it takes into account the
variable TeX-master. I guess it was a bug not to do so.

Here it is:

---------------------------- snip snip -------------------------------
(defun tex-bibtex-file ()
  "Run BibTeX on the current buffer's file."
  (interactive)
  (if (tex-shell-running)
      (tex-kill-job)
    (tex-start-shell))
  (let (shell-dirtrack-verbose
	(tex-out-file
         (tex-append
          (or (and (boundp 'TeX-master)
                   (file-name-nondirectory TeX-master))
              (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))) ""))
	(file-dir (or (and (boundp 'TeX-master)
                           (file-name-directory TeX-master))
                      (file-name-directory (buffer-file-name)))))
    (tex-send-command tex-shell-cd-command file-dir)
    (tex-send-command tex-bibtex-command tex-out-file))
  (tex-display-shell))
---------------------------- snip snip -------------------------------

Best,

--
Francois Fleuret                            http://www.idiap.ch/~fleuret

* Re: New tex-bibtex-file in tex-mode.el to take into account TeX-master
@ 2008-12-22  9:01 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-12-22  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Francois Fleuret; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Mon, Dec 22 2008, Francois Fleuret wrote:

> I slightly modified tex-bibtex-file so that it takes into account the
> variable TeX-master. I guess it was a bug not to do so.

As `TeX-master' is an AUCTeX variable, I'm not sure.

>          (tex-append
>           (or (and (boundp 'TeX-master)
>                    (file-name-nondirectory TeX-master))
>               (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))) ""))
> 	(file-dir (or (and (boundp 'TeX-master)
>                            (file-name-directory TeX-master))
>                       (file-name-directory (buffer-file-name)))))

`TeX-master' can have non-string values[1] as well.

There's similar code in `tex-main-file':

		   ;; Compatibility with AUCTeX.
		   (with-no-warnings
		    (when (boundp 'TeX-master)
		      (cond ((stringp TeX-master)
			     (make-local-variable 'tex-main-file)
			     (setq tex-main-file TeX-master))
			    ((and (eq TeX-master t) buffer-file-name)
			     (file-relative-name buffer-file-name)))))

Maybe `tex-bibtex-file' and `tex-main-file' could share some code.

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
,----[ (info "(auctex)Multifile") ]

`----
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: New tex-bibtex-file in tex-mode.el to take into account TeX-master
@ 2008-12-22 12:16   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-12-22 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Francois Fleuret; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Maybe `tex-bibtex-file' and `tex-main-file' could share some code.

tex-bibtex-file should use tex-main-file, indeed.
BTW, I recommend the use of tex-compile rather than tex-bibtex-file.