all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
To: "Aurélien Aptel" <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com>
Cc: Emacs development discussions <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: BuGit
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 08:04:52 -0500	[thread overview]

> I have found other similar projects (git based issue management) which
> you might be interested in:
>     https://github.com/dspinellis/gi
> The README also links to similar projects:

Indeed, there are other distributed issue tracking systems out there
(the most mature being maybe Bugs Everywhere, IIRC).

What distinguishes BuGit is that it uses a representation that lets Git
take care of all the merging that can be done automatically (and there
are only very few cases where conflicts can arise, the only important
one so far is when the bug's name is changed concurrently), and that
individual issues can have their own life rather than being tied to
a particular database (so in an ideal world, when Debian gets an Emacs
bug and forwards it to us, we could share the same BuGit issue for it
(not the same issue Number, but same issue ID) so any comment added from
the Debian side appears in Emacs's database and vice versa).