all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* using ssh-cvs with emacs?
@ 2004-02-12 18:53 Jeff D. Hamann
From: Jeff D. Hamann @ 2004-02-12 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to use the ssh protocol with cvs, but don't want to allow shell
logins on my server. I've not been able to allow ssh access to cvs without
also allowing shell logins. Is that possible and if yes, how? And how do I
set up emacs to use the ext protocol instead of pserver?

Thanks,
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann
Forest Informatics, Inc.
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon USA 97339-1421
(office) 541-754-1428
(cell) 541-740-5988
jeff.hamann@forestinformatics.com
www.forestinformatics.com

* Re: using ssh-cvs with emacs?
@ 2004-02-12 20:20 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-02-12 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I would like to use the ssh protocol with cvs, but don't want to allow shell
> logins on my server. I've not been able to allow ssh access to cvs without
> also allowing shell logins. Is that possible and if yes, how? And how do I
> set up emacs to use the ext protocol instead of pserver?

And this relates to Emacs because?

        Stefan

PS: Try comp.security.ssh (I might have the name partly wrong).