all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* is there a hook for when a buffer loses/gains the cursor or the frame loses/gains focus?
@ 2008-05-13 13:53 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-05-13 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This post:

http://www.postal-code.com/binarycode/2008/05/12/save-should-die/

go me thinking that it would be nice to save every time the buffer loses
the cursor.  Is there a way in Emacs to do that?  Similarly, I'd like to
save every time the frame loses focus.  I didn't find any hooks or
functions for this.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: is there a hook for when a buffer loses/gains the cursor or the frame loses/gains focus?
@ 2008-05-13 14:26 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-05-13 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: emacs-devel

> http://www.postal-code.com/binarycode/2008/05/12/save-should-die/

> go me thinking that it would be nice to save every time the buffer loses
> the cursor.  Is there a way in Emacs to do that?  Similarly, I'd like to
> save every time the frame loses focus.  I didn't find any hooks or
> functions for this.

I don't think there is such a thing yet.  We have a `switch-frame'
event, but it's only triggered when you enter another frame, not when
you leave a frame (if your whole display is covered with nothing but
Emacs frames, it's equivalent, of course, but not in general).