all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with scrolling split window using trackpoint
@ 2007-02-15 21:21 dannyyuan
From: dannyyuan @ 2007-02-15 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I split my emacs frame into two windows, and tried to scroll the
buttom window using middle button. That is, I held down the middle
button and push the trackpoint (it should be similar to holding down
the middle button on a mouse and moving the mouse, but I'm not totally
sure). However, no matter where the mouse cursor is focused, it was
always the upper windows that scrolled. My system: Windows XP SP2 on
T42P. Emacs version: EmacsW32 with This is GNU Emacs 22.0.92.1 (i386-
mingw-nt5.1.2600).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

* Re: Problem with scrolling split window using trackpoint
@ 2007-02-16  3:27 ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-02-16  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 15 fev, 18:21, dannyy...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I split my emacs frame into two windows, and tried to scroll the
> buttom window using middle button. That is, I held down the middle
> button and push the trackpoint (it should be similar to holding down
> the middle button on a mouse and moving the mouse, but I'm not totally
> sure). However, no matter where the mouse cursor is focused, it was
> always the upper windows that scrolled. My system: Windows XP SP2 on
> T42P. Emacs version: EmacsW32 with This is GNU Emacs 22.0.92.1 (i386-
> mingw-nt5.1.2600).
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks!

Try running C-h k  to see what that combo does ?
cheers,
weber

* Re: Problem with scrolling split window using trackpoint
@ 2007-02-16  5:00 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-02-16  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I split my emacs frame into two windows, and tried to scroll the
> buttom window using middle button. That is, I held down the middle
> button and push the trackpoint (it should be similar to holding down
> the middle button on a mouse and moving the mouse, but I'm not totally
> sure). However, no matter where the mouse cursor is focused, it was
> always the upper windows that scrolled. My system: Windows XP SP2 on
> T42P. Emacs version: EmacsW32 with This is GNU Emacs 22.0.92.1 (i386-
> mingw-nt5.1.2600).

Check the variable mouse-wheel-follow-mouse.