all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* lsh + vc-mode
@ 2009-04-11 17:23 Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2009-04-11 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Sent this to bug-lsh; does anyone have a clue how to go about solving
this?

From ams Mon Apr  6 17:29:12 -0400 2009
To: bug-lsh@gnu.org
Subject: emacs vc-mode and lsh...

Hi,

not entierly sure where to send this.

When one tries to use vc-mode in emacs, and uses lsh one gets the
following message (doing C-x v = on a file that is under CVS, cvs diff
works):

| lsh: Decrypting private key failed.
| lsh: User authentication failed.
| lsh: Protocol error: No more auth methods available
| lsh: Need real authentication.
| cvs [log aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I am not sure if this is just emacs always expecting that if you use
ssh you will not get prompted for a password, or if it is something
else.

Cheers, Alfred.