all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#996: ntemacs 23.0.60; vc-dir bug
@ 2008-09-18  6:46 Kevin Yu
From: Kevin Yu @ 2008-09-18  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

If you check in a file in vd-dir buffer, the buffer will
show two lines to indicate the status of that file. For
example:

    up-to-date           core/cell.rb
    edited               core\cell.rb

if the file name doesn't include a slash, there's only one
line.

* bug#996: ntemacs 23.0.60; vc-dir bug
@ 2008-12-28 18:18 ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-12-28 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Yu; +Cc: 996

"Kevin Yu" <yujie052@gmail.com> writes:

  > If you check in a file in vd-dir buffer, the buffer will
  > show two lines to indicate the status of that file. For
  > example:
  >

  >     up-to-date           core/cell.rb
  >     edited               core\cell.rb
  >
  > if the file name doesn't include a slash, there's only one
  > line.

What VC backend are you using here?
Can you pleasedescribe the sequence of events starting from

emacs -Q

to get to that state?
That way someone that uses windows can try to look and see where the
problem is.

* bug#996: ntemacs 23.0.60; vc-dir bug
@ 2008-12-30 12:17   ` Kevin Yu
From: Kevin Yu @ 2008-12-30 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: 996

Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu> writes:
> What VC backend are you using here?
subversion

I have tried on git. This bug doesn't exist.

> Can you pleasedescribe the sequence of events starting from
>
> emacs -Q
>
> to get to that state?
1. edit a file d:/myproject/src/myfile.c (myproject is the root
directory of this project. There must be a subdirectory in the path,
otherwise you can't reproduce this bug.(.../src/... here)

2. c-x v d  select d:/myproject

3. check in myfile.c

4. you'll find the d:/myproject buffer shows two lines of myfile.c's
status.

From: Kevin Yu @ 2008-12-30 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: 996

@ 2008-12-30 16:57     ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-12-30 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Yu; +Cc: 996

Kevin Yu <yujie052@gmail.com> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu> writes:
  > > What VC backend are you using here?
  > subversion
  >
  > I have tried on git. This bug doesn't exist.
  >
  > > Can you pleasedescribe the sequence of events starting from
  > >
  > > emacs -Q
  > >
  > > to get to that state?
  > 1. edit a file d:/myproject/src/myfile.c (myproject is the root
  > directory of this project. There must be a subdirectory in the path,
  > otherwise you can't reproduce this bug.(.../src/... here)
  >
  > 2. c-x v d  select d:/myproject

What is in the the *vc-dir* buffer at this point?

* bug#996: ntemacs 23.0.60; vc-dir bug
@ 2008-12-31  5:17       ` Kevin Yu
From: Kevin Yu @ 2008-12-31  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: 996

Sorry, forgot to cc the emacs bug tracker.

1. Edit a file d:/myproject/src/myfile.c (emacs.exe -q myfile.c)
2. c-x v d select d:/myproject
* vc-dir * shows:
=================================
VC backend : SVN
Working dir: d:/myproject/
Repository : svn://127.0.0.1

                        ./
                        src/
   edited               src\myfile.c
=================================
3. checkin myfile.c
* vc-dir * shows:
=================================
VC backend : SVN
Working dir: d:/myproject/
Repository : svn://127.0.0.1

                        ./
                        src/
   up-to-date           src/myfile.c
   edited               src\myfile.c
=================================

@ 2008-12-31  9:03         ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-12-31  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Yu; +Cc: 996

"Kevin Yu" <yujie052@gmail.com> writes:

  > Sorry, forgot to cc the emacs bug tracker.
  >
  > 1. Edit a file d:/myproject/src/myfile.c (emacs.exe -q myfile.c)
  > 2. c-x v d select d:/myproject
  > * vc-dir * shows:
  > =================================
  > VC backend : SVN
  > Working dir: d:/myproject/
  > Repository : svn://127.0.0.1
  >
  >                         ./
  >                         src/
  >    edited               src\myfile.c

OK, this says that the output of
svn status at this point would look like:

M src\myfile.c

Is there a way to tell subversion to output file names in unix format?
Alternatively `filename' in `vc-svn-after-dir-status' could be changed
to be in unix form.

@ 2008-12-31 18:34           ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-12-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: Kevin Yu, 996

> Is there a way to tell subversion to output file names in unix format?

At least the GNU/Linux version of `svn' doesn't have any option that
sounds like a good candidate.  Maybe it's a "windows-only and ignored
under Unix".

> Alternatively `filename' in `vc-svn-after-dir-status' could be changed
> to be in unix form.

Sounds like a good plan, indeed.