all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e6fe301: Another longstanding to-do: bind vc-delete-file.
       [not found] ` <E1XvkkT-0004XM-Fu@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-12-02 14:11   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-12-02 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

>     Another longstanding to-do: bind vc-delete-file.

Please, *again*, include a ChangeLog-format description of your change
in *every* commit message.  This is usually a simple copy of the text
you wrote for the ChangeLog file, and C-c C-a from the *VC-Log* buffer
should even grab that text and copy it for you (and you can config VC so
that it does this copy automatically without you even hitting C-c C-a).

> +	* vc-hooks.el: Bind vc-delete-file to Ctrl-x v delete.
                                              ^^^^^^
                                               C-x

> +	* vc.el (vc-expand-dirs): Now takes a second BACKEND argument,

While it's a second argument, it's not a second backend argument.
We usually just say "Add BACKEND argument" ;-)

> +    (define-key map "[delete]" 'vc-delete-file)

This binds the command to the key sequence [ d e l e t e ]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-12-02 14:11 UTC | newest]