all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* help needed for extending compilation-error-regexp-alist
@ 2012-09-26  8:14 Chera Bekker
From: Chera Bekker @ 2012-09-26  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear Emacs guru's,

I work with Emacs 21.4 and the Absoft Fortran 11.0 compiler. This
compiler produces error messages like

        argh=
        ^
cf90-113 af90fe64: ERROR CLS_SVALPROBABILITIES, File =
src/cls_Svalprobabilities.f, Line = 36, Column = 9
  IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the local scope, therefore an explicit
type must be specified for data object "ARGH".

Emacs 2.14 compile mode does not understand this format. I have tried
adding a new rule to compilation-error-regexp-alist by

(add-to-list 'compilation-error-regexp-alist  '("File = \\([^
,\n]*\\), Line = \\([0-9]+\\)," 1 2))

But compile still doesn't find these errors.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Chera Bekker

* Re: help needed for extending compilation-error-regexp-alist
       [not found] <mailman.9783.1348675104.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-09-27  0:42 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-09-27  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Emacs 2.14 compile mode does not understand this format. I have tried
> adding a new rule to compilation-error-regexp-alist by

> (add-to-list 'compilation-error-regexp-alist  '("File = \\([^
> ,\n]*\\), Line = \\([0-9]+\\)," 1 2))

> But compile still doesn't find these errors.

I works in my tests.  Are you sure the above line succeeds?  If you run
it before compile.el is loaded, it will simply signal an error because
compilation-error-regexp-alist won't exist yet.

* Re: help needed for extending compilation-error-regexp-alist
@ 2012-09-27 13:29   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-09-27 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> Emacs 2.14 compile mode does not understand this format. I have tried

BTW, compile.el in Emacs<22 (I assume 2.14 was meant to be 21.4) is
quite different from the version in use now and anchors all its regexps
at the beginning of a line.
So I recommend you upgrade, or otherwise I recommend you use something like

instead (the "^" is redundant in 21.4 but its absence could lead to
performance problems in 22 and up).