all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
To: Chris Feng <chris.w.feng@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/xelb ad879fb: Backport cl-defgeneric to Emacs 24
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:36:54 -0400	[thread overview]

> The builtin cl-generic of version 1.0 is not listed in
> `package--builtin-versions',

That's a bug.  IIUC it's because cl-generic.el is preloaded, whereas
package--builtin-versions is populated via loaddefs.el.

> * Due to a bug of EIEIO in Emacs 24, I cannot define classes with more
> than 101 slots. Would it be possible to fix it in the next release of
> Emacs 24 (by simply setting a fallback length of the obarray in
> `eieio-defclass')?

Not sure what you're referring to.

> * And finally a minor issue: README.org was picked as the long
> description of this package. I personally consider org-mode files as
> well as reStructuredText or other markup files, when not properly
> rendered, are not easily readable. In fact I made this file mainly for
> the GitHub project page and thought GNU ELPA would pick the
> 'Commentary:' section. Of course I can rename it to something not
> mentioned in archive-contents.el to work around this problem.

If you use README.md, it will be ignored (quoting
elpa.git/admin/archive-contents.el:

      (let ((rm (archive--get-section
                 "Commentary" '("README" "README.rst"
                                ;; Most README.md files seem to be currently
                                ;; worse than the Commentary: section :-(
                                ;; "README.md"
                                "README.org")
                 srcdir mainsrcfile)))

-- Stefan