all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* msg Abbrev vv one long line
@ 2007-07-20 19:11 Dick Hoogendijk
From: Dick Hoogendijk @ 2007-07-20 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I know that in list interactive I get one long line that's broken at
the end of my screen, if needed in the middle of a word.

So I have in my .emacs
(setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)
which gives me a nice word wrap in default files :-)

However, if I want to type some texts for my blog, I want those long
lines in the end end let the blogprogram do the (re)formatting.
(at least I _think_ that's needed for good wrapping)

How (in which mode) do I write texts that later can be pasted into a
blogger program (like wordpress or textpattern)

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 11 05/07 ++

* Re: msg Abbrev vv one long line
@ 2007-07-20 20:01 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-07-20 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dick Hoogendijk; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 20.07.2007 um 21:11 schrieb Dick Hoogendijk:

> How (in which mode) do I write texts that later can be pasted into a
> blogger program

How about setting fill-column to a very large value, 99999 for
example? This should make the lines *very* long ...

Or you could launch a second instance of GNU Emacs with -q or some
other initialisation file ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money
in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." – Evan
Esar

* Re: msg Abbrev vv one long line
@ 2007-07-21  4:30 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-07-21  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> How (in which mode) do I write texts that later can be pasted into a
> blogger program (like wordpress or textpattern)

longlines-mode