all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* disable save hook temporarily
@ 2013-08-20 17:45 wempwer
From: wempwer @ 2013-08-20 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Emacs users,

I have plenty of stuff put in my C-mode save hook such as untabify,
remove trailing whitespaces, add a new line at the end etc. It's good
but sometimes I receive code from someone, need to do some changes in
it and send it back or just contribute to a larger project that
already has their own set of rules I don't want to break. The other
thing is that sometimes, especially in very big files it can take a
substantial amount of time to parse the whole buffer and execute save
hook. So my question is, what is the fastest and the most convenient
way to disable c save hook temporarily or how do you handle these
things? One idea that came to mind is to store all my code in a
specified directory such as ~/c and execute my save hook only for
files in this directory and don't call the hook for files in other
directories.
--
wempwer@gmail.com