all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reparsing file makes Emacs freeze
@ 2016-02-02  9:09 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2016-02-02  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

my Emacs 24.5 shows, imho only after recently, the message

Reparsing /home/florian/precice/src/mapping/tests/PetRadialBasisFctMappingTest.cpp

and freezes for a second or two. This happens inbetween, not just when
saving and it's massively disturbing.

I already disabled semantic-mode, but changed nothing.
Also disabled global-company-mode, flycheck-mode, projectile

Enabled minor modes are:

Enabled minor modes: Abbrev Async-Bytecomp-Package Auto-Composition
Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption Auto-Revert Blink-Cursor
Diff-Auto-Refine Electric-Indent Electric-Pair File-Name-Shadow
Font-Lock Global-Auto-Revert Global-Flycheck Global-Font-Lock
Global-Git-Commit Gud-Tooltip Helm Helm-Flx Helm-Fuzzier Helm-Gtags
Line-Number Magit-Auto-Revert Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel Override-Global
Recentf Savehist Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren Subword Tooltip
Transient-Mark

Any idea what could cause this reparsing?

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: Reparsing file makes Emacs freeze
@ 2016-02-02 16:21 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-02-02 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 10:09:58 +0100
>
> my Emacs 24.5 shows, imho only after recently, the message
>
> Reparsing /home/florian/precice/src/mapping/tests/PetRadialBasisFctMappingTest.cpp
>
> and freezes for a second or two. This happens inbetween, not just when
> saving and it's massively disturbing.
>
> I already disabled semantic-mode, but changed nothing.
> Also disabled global-company-mode, flycheck-mode, projectile
>
> Enabled minor modes are:
>
> Enabled minor modes: Abbrev Async-Bytecomp-Package Auto-Composition
> Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption Auto-Revert Blink-Cursor
> Diff-Auto-Refine Electric-Indent Electric-Pair File-Name-Shadow
> Font-Lock Global-Auto-Revert Global-Flycheck Global-Font-Lock
> Global-Git-Commit Gud-Tooltip Helm Helm-Flx Helm-Fuzzier Helm-Gtags
> Line-Number Magit-Auto-Revert Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel Override-Global
> Recentf Savehist Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren Subword Tooltip
> Transient-Mark
>
> Any idea what could cause this reparsing?

Global flycheck mode?

* Re: Reparsing file makes Emacs freeze
@ 2016-02-03  1:45 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-02-03  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Reparsing /home/florian/precice/src/mapping/tests/PetRadialBasisFctMappingTest.cpp

FWIW "grep Reparsing" in Emacs's source code indicates that it doesn't
appear anywhere except in a comment, so it's probably coming from some
third party package.

* Re: Reparsing file makes Emacs freeze
@ 2016-02-03  9:25   ` Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2016-02-03  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Good idea, I found out that rtags is causing this. Thanks!