all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem opening files in dired
@ 2010-09-17 19:29 Russ P.
From: Russ P. @ 2010-09-17 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am trying to switch from XEmacs to Emacs. When I try to open a file
in dired or a buffer in the buffer menu, I get a message saying
"Buffer is read-only" and it doesn't open. When I run Emacs remotely
from home on the same machine, I do not have this problem. Any clues
about what might be going on? I am using Emacs 23 on Red Hat. Thanks.

Russ P.