all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [gnu.org #836408] Problem getting to GNU Emacs Manual order form
       [not found]   ` <rt-3.4.5-8560-1371480083-1718.836408-8-0@rt.gnu.org>
@ 2013-06-18 22:02     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-06-18 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Chrissie Himes via RT

> Hello, I received this email from a supporter:
> "
> Your web site page: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/

> says: The GNU Emacs Manual, 16th Edition and An Introduction to Emacs
> Lisp, 3rd Edition are now available from the FSF online shop.

> but when I click on "The GNU Emacs Manual "I get the error message from
> http://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs_manual_23/ :
> Error
> The product you have requested does not exist."

> The link should be updated to: http://shop.fsf.org/product/Emacs_Manual_24/

I don't have access to the FTP site (or don't know how to access it).
Could someone who does (and who understands how those links are added to
the end of the README) update the corresponding file?

* Re: [gnu.org #836408] Problem getting to GNU Emacs Manual order form
@ 2013-06-19  6:48       ` Glenn Morris
       [not found]         ` <rt-3.4.5-30767-1371624489-1830.836408-5-0@rt.gnu.org>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-06-19  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Chrissie Himes via RT, emacs-devel

>> Your web site page: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/
>
>> says: The GNU Emacs Manual, 16th Edition and An Introduction to Emacs
>> Lisp, 3rd Edition are now available from the FSF online shop.

You'll have to ask the FSF sysadmins to change this.
They need to copy the updated .readme.shtml from

http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/.readme.shtml

to all these locations:
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

(Note that it uses versionless links for future-proofing.)

@ 2013-06-21 19:53           ` Ward Vandewege via RT
From: Ward Vandewege via RT @ 2013-06-21 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: g_plazyk, rgm; +Cc: emacs-devel

> [rgm@gnu.org - Wed Jun 19 02:48:09 2013]:
> You'll have to ask the FSF sysadmins to change this.
> They need to copy the updated .readme.shtml from
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/.readme.shtml
>
> to all these locations:
> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
>
> (Note that it uses versionless links for future-proofing.)

Thank you, this is now done.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege | CTO, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 25F774AB | http://identi.ca/cure | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

* Re: [gnu.org #836408] Problem getting to GNU Emacs Manual order form
@ 2013-06-21 20:10             ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-06-21 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sysadmin; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Ward Vandewege via RT" wrote:

>> to all these locations:
>> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/
>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
>>
>> (Note that it uses versionless links for future-proofing.)
>
> Thank you, this is now done.

Thanks! I'm sorry, but it seems I somehow still forgot one location:

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/

(gnupload fails to upload dotfiles, BTW, else I would fix this myself.)

* Re: [gnu.org #836408] Problem getting to GNU Emacs Manual order form
@ 2013-06-21 20:10               ` Glenn Morris via RT
From: Glenn Morris via RT @ 2013-06-21 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: g_plazyk; +Cc: emacs-devel

@ 2013-06-21 20:16                 ` Ward Vandewege via RT
       [not found]                   ` <d7fvw7c4lx.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Ward Vandewege via RT @ 2013-06-21 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: g_plazyk, rgm; +Cc: emacs-devel

> [rgm@gnu.org - Fri Jun 21 16:10:57 2013]:
>
> "Ward Vandewege via RT" wrote:
>
> >> to all these locations:
> >> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/
> >> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
> >> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
> >>
> >> (Note that it uses versionless links for future-proofing.)
> >
> > Thank you, this is now done.
>
> Thanks! I'm sorry, but it seems I somehow still forgot one location:
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/

Also done.

> (gnupload fails to upload dotfiles, BTW, else I would fix this myself.)

Hmm. I wonder why that is. The ownership on those files was wrong on ftp.gnu.org -- I fixed that now. If
gnupload does the right thing you should be able to fix this yourself in the future.

Thanks,
Ward.

--

@ 2013-06-25  2:21                     ` Glenn Morris via RT
From: Glenn Morris via RT @ 2013-06-25  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: g_plazyk; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Ward Vandewege via RT" wrote:

>> (gnupload fails to upload dotfiles, BTW, else I would fix this myself.)
>
> Hmm. I wonder why that is. The ownership on those files was wrong on
> ftp.gnu.org -- I fixed that now. If gnupload does the right thing you
> should be able to fix this yourself in the future.

gnupload with dotfiles still doesn't seem to work.
I have no need to do this and doubt we will ever change these
.readme.shtml files again, so no pressure from me to make it work.
This is just FYI.

  gnupload --to alpha.gnu.org:emacs .dotfile-test

seems to work, but the file never appears on the server and I get no
email notification of any kind.

  gnupload --to alpha.gnu.org:emacs .readme.shtml

fails more explicitly with:

Uploading .readme.shtml to alpha.gnu.org:emacs ...
ncftpput .readme.shtml: server said: Could not create file.
ncftpput .readme.shtml.sig: server said: Could not create file.
ncftpput .readme.shtml.directive.asc: server said: Could not create file.