all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: How to put default-directory into kill-ring?
@ 2014-02-12 14:44 Barry OReilly
From: Barry OReilly @ 2014-02-12 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mbork, help-gnu-emacs

> quite often I want to put some full path to some file (usually
> init.el). It would be quite convenient for M-x pwd (or maybe C-u M-x
> pwd?) to put its output into the kill ring, which is does not. So:
> is there any function to do this? (I can easily write it myself, but
> don't want to reinvent the wheel.) If not, could this be considered
> a feature request?

I usually go to buffer-menu and copy the buffer name, path, whatever.
I bind buffer-menu to 'f' in an Evil keymap because of how often I use
it. So in this setup, the typed keys for copying the absolute
directory path containing the current file would be: f$?/ then RET
then vBy .

* How to put default-directory into kill-ring?
@ 2014-02-04 11:07 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-02-04 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs users list

Hi list,

quite often I want to put some full path to some file (usually
init.el).  It would be quite convenient for M-x pwd (or maybe C-u M-x
pwd?) to put its output into the kill ring, which is does not.  So: is
there any function to do this?  (I can easily write it myself, but
don't want to reinvent the wheel.)  If not, could this be considered a
feature request?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski