all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Cc: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b5b0e05: Call `smerge-start-session' even when dealing with a stash conflict
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 22:48:24 -0400	[thread overview]

> +      (unless stashed
> +        ;; Stashes are tricky (bug#20292).
> +        (add-hook 'after-save-hook 'vc-git-resolve-when-done nil 'local))

I care a lot more about having Git know that the conflict is resolved,
than about the fine distinction between what was staged and what wasn't.

Actually, I think the above is too ad-hoc, testing `stashed' which is
only tangentially related to the problem.

Better would be for vc-git-resolve-when-done to check the status of the
file and only `git add' it if it doesn't have anything staged yet.  So,
it would still work as before in the case where there was nothing staged
before the "stash pop".

Or better yet, do the "mark as resolved" differently, which doesn't
involved touching the "staging area".  Not sure how to do that, but Git
aficionados should be able to find some clever hack for that, involving
less than 10 commands.