all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Seeing which commits modified a range of lines?
@ 2014-11-04 20:13 Tom
From: Tom @ 2014-11-04 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

vc-annotate can show you the last commits which modified the lines in
a file. It is useful, but sometimes it would also be useful to see all
commits which touched a certain line or lines.

For example, seeing the changes which impacted a small function. Or
some block of code somewhere.

So I could select one or more consecutive lines and then call this
function which would list all the commits which modified some of these
selected lines, so I could see all changes that impacted this block of
code.

Can VC do this? If not then it could be a useful addition.