all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-27  2:13 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-12-27  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex from
within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities supplied by, e.g.,
auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.

Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and combination of these
tools will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-27  2:29 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2020-12-27  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex
> from within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities
> supplied by, e.g., auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.

Hey, as they say, org-mode is for organizing material, not for
producing documents :)

(that's true. they say that)

Not a fan of org-mode ... but TEHO.

> Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and
> combination of these tools will be highly appreciated.

If you want to produce a document, IMO the easiest way is to
write in `markdown-mode' and then use pandoc(1) to convert
into whatever format you want.

Unless you want to produce _really_ good-looking documents,
and spend half a lifetime doing it, if so, use
`latex-mode' [1]

For everything else, text is fine.

IMO!

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/borta/borta.pdf
    https://dataswamp.org/~incal/hs-linux/docs/report/report.pdf
    LaTeX: https://dataswamp.org/~incal/borta/
           https://dataswamp.org/~incal/hs-linux/docs/report/report.tex

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-27  9:13 ` Kévin Le Gouguec
From: Kévin Le Gouguec @ 2020-12-27  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex from
> within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities supplied by, e.g.,
> auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.
>
> Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and combination of these
> tools will be highly appreciated.

Just a few days ago Gustavo Barros presented a way to have Org work with
RefTeX.  I haven't looked into it in much detail, but make sure to check
out his work:

<87sg7vkoyv.fsf@gmail.com>
https://orgmode.org/list/87sg7vkoyv.fsf@gmail.com/

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-27 10:16   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-12-27 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg,
	Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor,
	help-gnu-emacs

I am LaTeX user since 2 decades. It is right that starting up may be harder. Once I have got my set of templates and shorts right, then it is easier than anything else and I need no special mode neither Emacs to produce high quality documents.

And I think it is same and even worse with visual weird professor such as LibreOffice. Until the user sets up a template for a letter time will pass.

I have in LaTeX German letter templates, so it is quick and without me thinking of formatting. Additionally serial letters I can write with any programming language as any language may output LaTeX. Adjusting addresses nicely to fit the transparent address window on an envelope is what LaTeX templates help me with. Many things are already there. System is so much more useful than visual time wasting word processing.

For books, articles, letters, business correspondence, LaTeX and similar TeX templates and indispensabile.

Imagine you want to write 30 letters for New Year to various users from various identities like business, private, make a template, populate with database field and write your personal message. One click, write message, and the rest is fine, even printed. Integration like that works with command line processing like Lout, LaTeX, groff, etc.

With visual stuff it is tedious hand work.

@ 2020-12-27 17:46 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-12-27 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2020-12-27 05:14]:
> Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex from
> within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities supplied by, e.g.,
> auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.
>
> Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and combination of these
> tools will be highly appreciated.

You may freely use LaTeX markup within Org mode. Also see various
options org-latex-*

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-27 18:16   ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2020-12-27 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, Jean Louis, Hongyi Zhao

Jean Louis writes:

> * Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2020-12-27 05:14]:
>> Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex from
>> within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities supplied by, e.g.,
>> auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.
>>
>> Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and combination of these
>> tools will be highly appreciated.
>
> You may freely use LaTeX markup within Org mode. Also see various
> options org-latex-*

Their question was not whether or not it's possible to use LaTeX within
Org.  But rather about whether or not it's possible to use convenience
tools like AUCTeX and RefTeX that typically work with TeX-based modes
but within org-mode.

To try and answer the original question, not that I know of, but perhaps
tools like org-ref might address a subset of those use-cases.

Alternatively, you may be able to use those TeX-specific tools for TeX
blocks you embed within #+begin_src latex and #+end_src, if you edit
them via C-c '.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-12-28  5:09 ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-12-28  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex from
> within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities supplied by, e.g.,
> auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.
>
> Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and combination of these
> tools will be highly appreciated.

Haven't used it, but this is a problem that sounds like mmm-mode (on
Melpa) is for,

--
David Masterson

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-28  5:25   ` Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-12-28  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 1:09 PM David Masterson
<dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex from
> > within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities supplied by, e.g.,
> > auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.
> >
> > Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and combination of these
> > tools will be highly appreciated.
>
> Haven't used it, but this is a problem that sounds like mmm-mode (on
> Melpa) is for,

Thanks for your notes. I've filed an issue to the author of mmm-mode:
https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode/issues/120.

@ 2020-12-28 16:48   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-12-28 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Haven't used it, but this is a problem that sounds like mmm-mode (on
> Melpa) is for,

mmm-mode is also in GNU ELPA, so it's available right away to anyone
without having to know where it is ;-)

* Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
@ 2020-12-29  9:34     ` Partha Pratim Ghosh
From: Partha Pratim Ghosh @ 2020-12-29  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: Hongyi Zhao

Dear All & Hongyi,

I use AucTeX for my major LaTeX projects and Org mode for smaller ones
as well as compiling reading notes et al. For such short and brief ones
I find the Org mode LaTeX export to be very handy. I can share my
configuration separately, if you are interested, and did not do so here
fearing the mail/reply becoming too long and boring.

I have a few problems though:

1. The same notes, if I want to export to html does not do so
effectively, since I use my personal .sty file, which is incorporated
for LaTeX export but does not suit for the hrml export. So, a macro from
my .sty file just gets typed as is in the html file. Also, Xypic codes
get transferred to actual images in LaTeX export, but in the html export
gets treated as a piece of code.

2. I have also problems with file links in the Org mode and it is not
recognised. However, hyperref recognises the http links or doi links.

I would be thankful if I could find some help here in solving the two
problems above.

With my regards and all the very best wishes,

partha

@ 2020-12-29 15:35       ` Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-12-29 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Partha Pratim Ghosh; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 5:34 PM Partha Pratim Ghosh
<ghosh.parthapratim.unisa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All & Hongyi,
>
> I use AucTeX for my major LaTeX projects

Do you think Emacs + AucTeX is the most powerful LaTeX IDE on the world?

@ 2020-12-29 19:31         ` Partha Pratim Ghosh
From: Partha Pratim Ghosh @ 2020-12-29 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Dear Hongyi,

I have worked with Emacs since 1996 and have used TexLive along with
AucTeX since then. I have found this combination very useful and
helpful. I have started the using the org mode much later
though. However, I cannot compare, since I have not used any other IDE
for Emacs. In fact, Emacs has been my only IDE for many other languages,
and today primarily for LaTeX and python.

@ 2020-12-29 23:24       ` Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-12-29 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Partha Pratim Ghosh; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 5:34 PM Partha Pratim Ghosh
<ghosh.parthapratim.unisa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All & Hongyi,
>
> I use AucTeX for my major LaTeX projects and Org mode for smaller ones
> as well as compiling reading notes et al. For such short and brief ones
> I find the Org mode LaTeX export to be very handy. I can share my
> configuration separately, if you are interested, and did not do so here
> fearing the mail/reply becoming too long and boring.

Could you please share your configuration on github, so that people
here can try/discuss it more conveniently If they want to?

@ 2021-01-01 20:18         ` Partha Pratim Ghosh
From: Partha Pratim Ghosh @ 2021-01-01 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Dear Hongyi,

Please find attached my .emacs configuration.

This is all that I need to use LaTeX in Org mode.

[-- Attachment #2: emacs init file --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 14667 bytes --]

;;; emacs init file: Partha Pratim Ghosh

;; load emacs 24's package system. Add MELPA repository.
  (require 'package)
  (add-to-list
   'package-archives
   '("melpa" . "http://melpa.org/packages/")
   '("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/")
   )
 (package-initialize)

;;; highlight coloring with zenburn theme
;;change highlight colour

(set-face-attribute 'region t :background "#164040")

;;; starting page must be agenda

(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'org-agenda-list)

;;; require snippets in global mode

(require 'yasnippet)
(yas-global-mode 1)

;;;;;;;; mu4e configuration
;;; load path for mu4e

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mu4e")
(require 'mu4e)

;;;; mu4e signatures
(defun my-mu4e-choose-signature ()
  "Insert one of a number of signatures"
  (interactive)
  (let ((message-signature
          (mu4e-read-option "Signature:"
            '(("formal" .
              (concat
           "Partha Pratim Ghosh\n"
           "School of Mathematical Sciences\n"
           "University of South Africa\n"
           "Florida Science Campus\n"
           "corner of Pioneer & Christiaan de Wet\n"
           "Florida, Gauteng, South Africa\n"
           "email: ghoshpp@unisa.ac.za\n"))
               ("informal" .
              "পার্থ প্রতিম ঘোষ\n")))))
    (message-insert-signature)))

(add-hook 'mu4e-compose-mode-hook
          (lambda () (local-set-key (kbd "C-c C-w") #'my-mu4e-choose-signature)))

;;; getting the mailing

(setq mu4e-get-mail-command "mbsync -a"
    mu4e-maildir (expand-file-name "~/Maildir")
    mu4e-update-interval 1800
    message-kill-buffer-on-exit t
    mu4e-use-fancy-chars t
    mu4e-headers-auto-update t
    )

(setq mu4e-compose-context-policy 'always-ask)

(setq mu4e-contexts
    (list
        (make-mu4e-context
        :name "personal"
        :enter-func (lambda () (mu4e-message "Entering UKZN context"))
        :leave-func (lambda () (mu4e-message "Leaving UKZN context"))
        :match-func (lambda (msg)
            (when msg
                (mu4e-message-contact-field-matches
                    msg '(:from :to :cc :bcc) "ghosh.parthapratim.ukzn@gmail.com")))
                        :vars '((user-mail-address . "ghosh.parthapratim.ukzn@gmail.com")
                            (user-full-name . "পার্থ প্রতিম ঘোষ")
                            (mu4e-sent-folder . "/ukzn/sent")
                            (mu4e-drafts-folder . "/ukzn/drafts")
                            (mu4e-trash-folder . "/ukzn/trash")
                            (mu4e-refile-folder . "/ukzn/archives")
                            (mu4e-maildir-shortcuts . ( ("/ukzn/INBOX"    . ?i)
                                                        ("/ukzn/sent"     . ?s)
                                                        ("/ukzn/trash"    . ?t)
                                                        ("/ukzn/archives" . ?a)
                                                        ("/ukzn/drafts"   . ?d)
                        ))))

        (make-mu4e-context
        :name "work"
        :enter-func (lambda () (mu4e-message "Entering UNISA context"))
        :leave-func (lambda () (mu4e-message "Leaving UNISA context"))
        :match-func (lambda (msg)
            (when msg
                (mu4e-message-contact-field-matches
                    msg '(:from :to :cc :bcc) "ghosh.parthapratim.unisa@gmail.com")))
                        :vars '((user-mail-address . "ghosh.parthapratim.unisa@gmail.com")
                            (user-full-name . "Partha Pratim Ghosh")
                            (mu4e-sent-folder . "/unisa/sent")
                            (mu4e-drafts-folder . "/unisa/drafts")
                            (mu4e-trash-folder . "/unisa/trash")
                            (mu4e-refile-folder . "/unisa/archives")
                            (mu4e-maildir-shortcuts . ( ("/unisa/INBOX"     . ?i)
                                                        ("/unisa/sent"      . ?s)
                                                        ("/unisa/trash"     . ?t)
                                                        ("/unisa/archives"  . ?a)
                                                        ("/unisa/drafts"    . ?d)
                        ))))
                        ))

; use msmtp
(setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
(setq sendmail-program "/usr/bin/msmtp")

;; don't save messages to Sent Messages, Gmail/IMAP takes care of this
(setq mu4e-sent-messages-behavior 'delete)

;; tell mu4e how to handle html2text
(setq mu4e-html2text-command 'mu4e-shr2text)

;; mu4e behaviour
(setq mu4e-split-view 'horizontal)
  (setq mu4e-headers-visible-lines 15)
  (setq mu4e-completing-read-function 'completing-read)
  (setq mu4e-headers-fields '((:human-date . 12)
                              (:flags . 6)
                              (:mailing-list . 15)
                              (:from-or-to . 22)
                              (:size . 8)
                              (:subject)))

  ;; save attachment to Downloads
  (setq mu4e-attachment-dir (expand-file-name "~/Downloads"))

  ;; attempt to show images when viewing messages
  (setq mu4e-view-show-images t)

;; allows to see attached patches etc more easily inline and also inline
  ;; PGP
  (setq mu4e-view-use-gnus t)

  ;; show full addresses in message view
  (setq mu4e-view-show-addresses t)

;;rename files when moving
;;NEEDED FOR MBSYNC
(setq mu4e-change-filenames-when-moving t)

;;set up queue for offline email
;;use mu mkdir  ~/Maildir/queue to set up first
(setq smtpmail-queue-mail nil  ;; start in normal mode
      smtpmail-queue-dir   "~/Maildir/queue/cur")

;; enable inline images in mu4e
(setq mu4e-view-show-images t)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;; org mode configurations
(require 'org)
(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(setq org-log-done t)
(require 'ox-latex)

(add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
             '("bjmarticle"
               "\\documentclass{article}"
               ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
               ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
               ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")
               ("\\paragraph{%s}" . "\\paragraph*{%s}")
               ("\\subparagraph{%s}" . "\\subparagraph*{%s}")))

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((python . t) (latex . t))
 )

;;; org-mode + mu4e for managing todo and schedules

;;store org-mode links to messages
(require 'org-mu4e)
;;store link to message if in header view, not to header query
(setq org-mu4e-link-query-in-headers-mode nil)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; org-mode agenda options                                                ;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;open agenda in current window
(setq org-agenda-window-setup (quote current-window))

;;warn me of any deadlines in next 7 days
(setq org-deadline-warning-days 7)

;;show me tasks scheduled or due in next fortnight
(setq org-agenda-span (quote fortnight))

;;don't show tasks as scheduled if they are already shown as a deadline
(setq org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown t)

;;don't give a warning colour to tasks with impending deadlines
;;if they are scheduled to be done

(setq org-agenda-skip-deadline-prewarning-if-scheduled (quote pre-scheduled))

;;don't show tasks that are scheduled or have deadlines in the
;;normal todo list

(setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines (quote all))
(setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled (quote all))

;;sort tasks in order of when they are due and then by priority

(setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy
  (quote
   ((agenda deadline-up priority-down)
    (todo priority-down category-keep)
    (tags priority-down category-keep)
    (search category-keep))))

(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("t" "todo" entry (file+headline "~/todo.org" "Tasks")
         "* TODO [#A] %?\nSCHEDULED: %(org-insert-time-stamp (org-read-date nil t \"+0d\"))\n%a\n")))

;;; make reftex available
(require 'reftex)

;;; make reftex always on in AUcTeX

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)   ; with AUCTeX LaTeX mode
(add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)   ; with Emacs latex mode

;;; LaTeX section hook

(setq LaTeX-section-hook
      '(LaTeX-section-heading
	LaTeX-section-title
	LaTeX-section-toc
	LaTeX-section-section
	LaTeX-section-label))

;;; LaTeX Mathematics Mode hooks

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-math-mode)

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(LaTeX-clean-output-suffixes '("\\.dvi" "\\.pdf" "\\.ps" "\\.xdv" "\\.xyc"))
 '(LaTeX-default-options '("12pt, dvipsnames"))
 '(LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace t)
 '(LaTeX-menu-max-items 30)
 '(LaTeX-section-hook
   '(LaTeX-section-heading LaTeX-section-title LaTeX-section-toc LaTeX-section-section LaTeX-section-label))
 '(LaTeX-section-label
   '(("part" . "part:")
     ("chapter" . "chap:")
     ("section" . "sec:")
     ("subsection" . "ssec:")
     ("subsubsection" . "sssec:")
     ("paragraph" . "para:")
     ("subparagraph" . "spara:")))
 '(TeX-auto-private
   '("/home/partha/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" "/home/partha/Documents/tex/essentials/"))
 '(TeX-braces-user-association nil)
 '(TeX-date-format "%d/%m/%Y")
 '(TeX-electric-escape t)
 '(TeX-electric-math '("$" . "$"))
 '(TeX-electric-sub-and-superscript t)
 '(TeX-macro-global
   '("/home/partha/texlive/texmf-local/tex/" "/home/partha/texlive/texmf-local/bibtex/bst/"))
 '(TeX-macro-private '("/home/partha/Documents/tex/essentials/"))
 '(TeX-mode-hook '(prettify-symbols-mode))
 '(TeX-style-path
   '("~/.emacs.d/auctex" "/home/partha/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.3.1/style" "/home/partha/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" "/home/partha/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style" "/home/partha/Documents/tex/essentials/"))
 '(TeX-style-private
   '("/home/partha/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "/home/partha/Documents/tex/essentials/"))
 '(column-number-mode t)
 '(cua-mode t nil (cua-base))
 '(current-language-environment "Bengali")
 '(desktop-restore-frames t)
 '(doc-view-continuous t)
 '(flyspell-after-incorrect-word-string nil)
 '(flyspell-before-incorrect-word-string "-->>")
 '(flyspell-default-dictionary "british")
 '(font-use-system-font t)
 '(global-visual-line-mode t)
 '(latex-indent-within-escaped-parens t)
 '(org-agenda-files '("~/orgmode/agenda/agenda.org"))
 '(org-latex-packages-alist
   '(("utf8" "inputenc" nil)
     ("T1" "fontenc" nil)
     ("dvipsnames" "xcolor" nil)
     ("" "graphicx" nil)
     ("" "longtable" nil)
     ("" "hyperref" nil)
     ("style=numeric, backend=biber, backref=true, bibencoding=utf8, maxbibnames=6, sorting=nyt" "biblatex" nil)
     ("" "/home/partha/Documents/tex/essentials/symbols" nil)
     ("all,pdf" "xy" nil)
     ("" "amsbsy" nil)
     ("" "amsfonts" nil)
     ("" "amssymb" nil)
     ("" "amsmath" nil)
     ("" "bbold" nil)
     ("" "bbm" nil)
     ("" "mathtools" nil)
     ("" "stmaryrd" nil)
     ("" "xspace" nil)))
 '(package-selected-packages
   '(org-noter-pdftools pdf-view-restore exec-path-from-shell auctex elpa-mirror pdf-tools smartparens hydra excorporate easy-kill djvu dismal cycle-quotes csv-mode context-coloring company-statistics company-math bug-hunter beacon auto-correct ascii-art-to-unicode ahungry-theme aggressive-indent adjust-parens adaptive-wrap))
 '(preview-transparent-border 1.8)
 '(reftex-auto-recenter-toc 'frame)
 '(reftex-cite-cleanup-optional-args nil)
 '(reftex-cite-format 'biblatex)
 '(reftex-default-bibliography
   '("~/Documents/tex/essentials/bib-algebra.bib" "~/Documents/tex/essentials/bib-category.bib" "~/Documents/tex/essentials/bib-frames.bib" "~/Documents/tex/essentials/bib-self.bib" "~/Documents/tex/essentials/bib-topology.bib"))
 '(reftex-default-context-regexps
   '((caption . "\\\\\\(rot\\|bi\\)?\\(sub\\)?caption\\(box\\)?\\*?[[{]")
     (item . "\\\\item\\(\\[[^]]*\\]\\)?")
     (eqnarray-like . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (alignat-like . "\\\\begin{%s}{[0-9]*}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (Thm . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (Prop . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (Lemma . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (Cor . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (Df . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (rem . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")
     (Ex . "\\\\begin{%s}\\|\\\\\\\\")))
 '(reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
 '(reftex-section-prefixes
   '((0 . "part:")
     (1 . "cha:")
     (2 . "sec:")
     (3 . "ssec:")
     (4 . "sssec:")
     (5 . "para:")
     (6 . "spara:")))
 '(reftex-toc-keep-other-windows nil)
 '(reftex-toc-split-windows-fraction 0.54)
 '(reftex-toc-split-windows-horizontally t)
 '(save-place-mode t nil (saveplace))
 '(show-paren-mode t)
 '(size-indication-mode t)
 '(tabbar-mode t nil (tabbar))
 '(tex-bibtex-command "biber")
 '(tex-dvi-view-command
   '(cond
     ((eq window-system 'x)
      "xreader")
     ((eq window-system 'w32)
      "yap")
     (t "dvi2tty * | cat -s")))
 '(tex-run-command "pdflatex"))

;;; saving and restoring desktops
;; use only one desktop
(setq desktop-path '("~/.emacs.d/"))
(setq desktop-dirname "~/.emacs.d/")
(setq desktop-base-file-name "emacs-desktop")
(desktop-save-mode 1)
(setq desktop-auto-save-timeout 600)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)

;;; make pdf-tools default

(pdf-tools-install)

(setq TeX-view-program-selection '((output-pdf "PDF Tools"))
      TeX-view-program-list '(("PDF Tools" TeX-pdf-tools-sync-view))
      TeX-source-correlate-start-server t)

(add-hook 'TeX-after-compilation-finished-functions
          #'TeX-revert-document-buffer)

;;; setting the font for emacs modes

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:family "Ubuntu Mono" :foundry "DAMA" :slant normal :weight normal :height 241 :width normal)))))

Since I have now displayes the emcas init file, please allow me to
re-iterate the problems that I face:

@ 2021-01-07 22:06           ` Alan Davis
From: Alan Davis @ 2021-01-07 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Partha Pratim Ghosh; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Hongyi Zhao

I use Org-mode to convert (ie., export) org stuff into a LaTeX file,  Then
I edit that file using Emacs/AUCTeX.   The problem comes in when I have to
make edits, which for a larger text can be problematical.

I do include LaTeX bits in the org file, so some of the heavy lifting is
done by Org.   It's not as friendly as it could be for returning to the
editing part.   Still, once the file is in a LaTeX mode, I usually just
edit in Emacs/AUCTeX for the duration.

I would welcome any configuration that would make the back-and-forth
easier; however, it works great for me, at this point.   AUCTeX (or just
editing the *.tex file) works better for some cleanup, like placement of
images, or final table edits.

Good luck.

Alan Davis

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 12:18 PM Partha Pratim Ghosh <

--

      "This ignorance about the limits of the earth's ability to absorb
       pollutants should be reason enough for caution in the release