Package: Emacs Version: 30.0.50 The ELisp intro needs to be updated to the world of static scoping. I haven't really looked at doing that, but the patch below can be considered as a step in that direction. In any case, I think it's a good change on its own. It removes all mentions of the `set` function. `set` cannot be used on statically scoped variables and I can't see what it brings to the reader of the ELisp intro (except maybe for explaining the "q" in `setq`) to first tell them about `set` only to turn around and tell them they'll never use it. Suggestions for improvements welcome, Stefan