all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Binding C-c C-c to Perl Comments
@ 2003-10-02 17:28 Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-10-02 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In C Mode when I press C-c C-c it comments out the marked text in a
buffer using C type comments -- i.e. //

Is there a way to tell C-c C-c to use # instead in perl mode?

Thanks,

Dan

* RE: Binding C-c C-c to Perl Comments
@ 2003-10-02 17:43 andrew.maguire
From: andrew.maguire @ 2003-10-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Dan Anderson
>
> In C Mode when I press C-c C-c it comments out the marked text in a
> buffer using C type comments -- i.e. //
>
> Is there a way to tell C-c C-c to use # instead in perl mode?

(define-key cperl-mode-map "\C-c\C-c" 'comment-region)

Andrew

* Re: Binding C-c C-c to Perl Comments
       [not found] <mailman.1022.1065116110.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-10-02 17:56 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-10-02 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> In C Mode when I press C-c C-c it comments out the marked text in a
> buffer using C type comments -- i.e. //
> Is there a way to tell C-c C-c to use # instead in perl mode?

If you use transient-mark-mode, I recommend M-; which should
work pretty much in all modes.