all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [BUG] 'outline-change-heading' in outline-magic.el adds extra spaces
@ 2013-02-18 13:32 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-02-18 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: dominik

Hi List,

when using

,--------------------
| M-x outline-demote
| M-x outline-promote
`--------------------

with an outline-regexp that contains (trailing) spaces, like e.g.

,-----------
| ";; [*]+ "
`-----------

a new space is added between the outline-regexp and the headline each
time 'outline-demote' is used, and not removed afterwards when
'outline-promote' is used.

E.g.

;; ** headline

becomes

;; ****   headline

after demoting 2 times, and then becomes

;; **   headline

after promoting again 2 times.

Proposed FIX:
replace the last line of 'outline-change-heading' in outline-magic.el

,--------------------------------------
| (replace-match newhead t t nil 1)))))
`--------------------------------------

with

,--------------------------------------------------------------
`--------------------------------------------------------------

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [BUG] 'outline-change-heading' in outline-magic.el adds extra spaces
@ 2013-02-18 14:34 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-02-18 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

Following up to my own post:

as a result of a private conversation with the author of
outline-magic.el (Carsten Dominik) I took over maintainership for
outline-magic.el, you can find the library (with the proposed tiny fix
already done) on github now:

,--------------------------------------
`--------------------------------------

,------------------------------------------------
| git clone git@github.com:tj64/outline-magic.git
`------------------------------------------------

BTW, I'm writing an enhanced/modified version of Per Abrahamsen's
'out-xtra.el', called 'outxxtra.el', another extension library for
'outline(-minor)-mode'. You can find it here:

,---------------------------------

| git clone git@github.com:tj64/outxxtra.git

[...]

--