all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* save-place function broke
@ 2015-07-05 10:48 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-07-05 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have emacs 24.51 working over here for the most part.  Two versions
earlier when I used save-place in my .emacs file when I opened a file for
subsequent editing I'd be put on the same location in that file where I
had stopped editing the last time.  The version before emacs 24.51 somehow
broke save-place since even though my place is saved when I save a file, I
always open an existing file and start on row 1 column 1.  I was hoping
emacs 24.51 would revert that behavior but that didn't happen.

* Re: save-place function broke
       [not found] <mailman.6359.1436093315.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-07-05 15:23 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-07-05 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> open an existing file and start on row 1 column 1.  I was hoping emacs 24.51
> would revert that behavior but that didn't happen.

Sometimes developers discover bugs on their own, but as a user if you
want a bug to be fixed, I recommend you report it to us rather than hope
that someone else notices it,