all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* The bzr revision map
@ 2014-10-30 17:54 Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2014-10-30 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

It is not reflected in the review7 repository, but I have just updated the
conversion machinery to check a map of bzr revisions to committer/date
stamps into /etc on each full conversion.

This will support Emacs Lisp code (not yet written) to find a bzr
revision number around point and check out the corresponding git
revision.

This data file will be in review8.  The code is on my to-do list.

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as
the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral
check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally,
even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist
and triumph over them."
        -- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

* Re: The bzr revision map
@ 2014-11-01  9:43 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2014-11-01  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Stefan Monnier

>> > The bug tracker is full of them (as in "fixed in rXYZZY on the
>> > trunk").
>>
>> Of course, I see revno used on a regular basis.  But I've very rarely
>> had to look them up.  And I basically never use them myself.
>
> My point is that someone who does need to look up what exactly were
> the changes referenced on the bug tracker, might find the revision map
> useful.  That someone doesn't have to be called Stefan Monnier,
> obviously.

Out of curiosity, how we can do a binary search without a progressive
revision number?

In the past, just this list suggested me to do a binary search to find
when a bug or a regression was introduced...

Thanks,
  Angelo.