all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 01/01: Remove never-used rev argument from VC's backend checkin methods.
       [not found] ` <E1XrML2-0007kc-U2@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-21 15:25   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-11-21 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to VC, which is need of a lot of love.

I just wanted to point out that there a few vc backends out there which
aren't included in Emacs.  So please try to preserve some amount of
backward compatibility.  Or just check whether those backends would
be affected.

I'm not too worried about vc-p4.el since it supports a proprietary
product, but there's at least vc-darcs and probably a few more (I've
seen mentions of vc-mw.el (MediaWiki) recently, and there might be some
VC backends for Fossil, Codeville, ...).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-11-21 15:25 UTC | newest]