all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [elpa] master 2c6303a: * README: mention make check_copyrights
       [not found] ` <20171214052738.5BE83204F0@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2017-12-14 15:10   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2017-12-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Ted Zlatanov

> +If your package fails that check, you need to update the
> $(CR_EXCEPTIONS) file.

No, the most common correct course of action is to fix the package (by
adding the standard license blurb and/or fixing the copyright line(s)).

Sometimes (as in this recent case) the right thing is to change the
$(CR_EXCEPTIONS) because the "problems" caught are not actual problems,
but that's much less common.

* Re: [elpa] master 2c6303a: * README: mention make check_copyrights
@ 2017-12-15 16:27     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2017-12-15 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:10:43 -0500 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> +If your package fails that check, you need to update the
>> $(CR_EXCEPTIONS) file.

SM> No, the most common correct course of action is to fix the package (by
SM> adding the standard license blurb and/or fixing the copyright line(s)).

SM> Sometimes (as in this recent case) the right thing is to change the
SM> $(CR_EXCEPTIONS) because the "problems" caught are not actual problems,
SM> but that's much less common.

OK. Could you update the README accordingly? I don't want to put words
in the maintainer's mouth :)

Thanks
Ted