all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mixing terminal and GTK multi-tty clients cause seg-fault, Emacs 23.2
@ 2010-10-28 19:21 deech
From: deech @ 2010-10-28 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,
I run an emacsserver in a screen session. Occasionally when I have
both terminal and an X client open, and I close the terminal, followed
by the X client, the server seg-faults. Has anyone seen this
behavior?  I can't reproduce this everytime.

I can however reproduce a bug where if I have an X client open from a
terminal emacs server and then X crashes , when I restart X and the X
client, the server goes into an infinite loop. It works fine until I
try and connect with an X client. I don't know if it's related, just
thought I'd mention it.

-deech

* Re: Mixing terminal and GTK multi-tty clients cause seg-fault, Emacs 23.2
@ 2010-10-29 19:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2010-10-29 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I run an emacsserver in a screen session. Occasionally when I have
> both terminal and an X client open, and I close the terminal, followed
> by the X client, the server seg-faults. Has anyone seen this
> behavior?

Not sure.

> I can however reproduce a bug where if I have an X client open from a
> terminal emacs server and then X crashes , when I restart X and the X

That's a (very long standing) known problem in the Gtk library.
Check C-h C-p and then complain to the Gtk guys.  And then switch to an
Emacs built with the Lucid toolkit ;-)