all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Simple Emacs for rescue or quick edits?
@ 2013-07-30 21:29 Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2013-07-30 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sometime I need quick small editor. I maintain (in ~/.bashrc):

  alias e=emacsclient -a emacs -n

for most cases it's enough.

But in case of rescue and EDITOR env var running Emacs is not convenient.

I look to jove and zile:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ErsatzEmacs

but both have no colours support...

I become think that EDITOR=vim is best option...

joe also have syntax highlighting but I prefer to remember vim commands then
joe own...

Any suggestions?

--
Best regards!