all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Automating TAGS file usage
@ 2010-08-10  6:51 Gary
From: Gary @ 2010-08-10  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I surely can't be the first to want to generate and visit my TAGS files
automagically, rather than having to go through the manual process of
etags *.foo or whatever, followed by visit-tags-table. Since there are
flyspell, flymake, and I don't know what other fly* modes, I don't see
why etags couldn't be run in that manner as well. Has anyone already
tried this?

--
Gary
GNU Emacs 23.2.1