all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* python.el incremental patches.
@ 2011-04-26 13:23 Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina @ 2011-04-26 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Hello Emacs Devs,

I'm in the process of creating the incremental patches for python.el,
and while I created a couple, I don't know if I'm actually doing the
right thing. So instead of finish everything in a bad manner I think
it will be better if I ask here what are the right steps to take.

Are there any recommendations to build the incremental set of patches
and how the ChangeLog should be handled on each of them?.

My current plan was:

    1) make a set of changes to python.el
    2) save bzr diff output with a proper name
    3) local commit
    4) Repeat 1 until python.el is done
    5) Describe all changes on the ChangeLog file and save the diff output.

Does that sound right?
Should each patch include individual changes to the ChangeLog or the
approach I'm taking is OK?
Is bzr diff output good enough?

Thanks in advance,
--
Fabián E. Gallina

* Re: python.el incremental patches.
@ 2011-04-26 14:07 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-04-26 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

> My current plan was:

>     1) make a set of changes to python.el
>     2) save bzr diff output with a proper name
>     3) local commit

Each commit needs a comment describing it, both in the Bazaar metadata
and in the ChangeLog (they should be identical and from *VC-Log* you
can use C-c C-a to grab the ChangeLog comment so you don't have to
retype it).

Please send the changes here, one by one, for review before
committing them.

> Is bzr diff output good enough?

For sending to emacs-devel, yes,