all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb d822c99: Add two convenience functions for editing record fields
       [not found] ` <20210316021956.1185220B2E@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2021-03-16  2:40   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2021-03-16  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 03/15/21 22:19 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> branch: externals/ebdb
> commit d822c9982d2f6287dc74358f6c2564760311d31d
> Author: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
> Commit: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
>
>     Add two convenience functions for editing record fields
>
>     * ebdb.el (ebdb-record-update-notes, ebdb-record-add-tag): Two "quick"
>     functions for common editing jobs.
>     * ebdb.org: Document these, and also provide a little more guidance on
>     how to edit record fields from within a function.

I'm curious what happened here -- did you merge a commit from the EBDB
Github repo into ELPA? Not a problem at all, but I'm just wondering why,
since the change hasn't been released as a new version. Were you just in
a hurry to use the new functions? :)

* Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb d822c99: Add two convenience functions for editing record fields
@ 2021-03-16  3:02     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2021-03-16  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I'm curious what happened here -- did you merge a commit from the EBDB
> Github repo into ELPA? Not a problem at all, but I'm just wondering why,
> since the change hasn't been released as a new version. Were you just in
> a hurry to use the new functions? :)

No, I was just trying out some code to try and get a handle on the
always-too-far-behind state of the elpa.git branches.

I'd like to move towards keeping elpa.git branches more closely up to
date (which would also make the new elpa.gnu.org/devel more useful).

* Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb d822c99: Add two convenience functions for editing record fields
@ 2021-03-16  3:45       ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2021-03-16  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 03/15/21 23:02 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> I'm curious what happened here -- did you merge a commit from the EBDB
>> Github repo into ELPA? Not a problem at all, but I'm just wondering why,
>> since the change hasn't been released as a new version. Were you just in
>> a hurry to use the new functions? :)
>
> No, I was just trying out some code to try and get a handle on the
> always-too-far-behind state of the elpa.git branches.
>
> I'd like to move towards keeping elpa.git branches more closely up to
> date (which would also make the new elpa.gnu.org/devel more useful).

Ah, gotcha. I was just curious. Carry on!