all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bleeding edge emacs access
@ 2008-05-08 10:30 Christian Lynbech
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2008-05-08 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to keep up with the development of emacs23, unfortunately I
am sitting behind a corporate firewall that prevents me from accessing
the CVS repository directly.

Does anybody know of any mirrors of the emacs repository with more
firewall friendly access protocols. I seem to remember references to a
git mirror.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)

* Re: Bleeding edge emacs access
@ 2008-05-08 11:08 ` thomasc
From: thomasc @ 2008-05-08 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Christian Lynbech <christian.lynbech@tietoenator.com> writes:

> I would like to keep up with the development of emacs23, unfortunately I
> am sitting behind a corporate firewall that prevents me from accessing
> the CVS repository directly.
>
> Does anybody know of any mirrors of the emacs repository with more
> firewall friendly access protocols. I seem to remember references to a
> git mirror.

See http://git.sv.gnu.org

$ git clone http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/emacs.git

There may be a Bazaar repo somewhere as well, but it is *slow*.

		Thomas

* Re: Bleeding edge emacs access
@ 2008-05-08 14:08   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-05-08 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomasc; +Cc: emacs-devel

Indeed: http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/

> but it is *slow*.

Actually, only the first checkout is significantly slow.
Subsequent updates are OK: maybe they're slower than they could be, but
I haven't found it problematic.

* Re: Bleeding edge emacs access
@ 2008-05-09  7:46     ` Christian Lynbech
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2008-05-09  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: thomasc, emacs-devel

Thanks, Thomas and Stefan, the very info I was looking for.

                              -- Christian