all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* abbrev-mode not expanding entire word
@ 2010-05-19 13:37 Nathaniel Flath
From: Nathaniel Flath @ 2010-05-19 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,
I have some abbrev's defined - my global abbrev table is:
(define-abbrev-table 'global-abbrev-table
  '(
    ("graphg" "G be a graph" nil 2)
    ("h1h2" "(H_1,H_2)" nil 2)
    ("iff" "if and only if" nil 3)
    ("isosub" "isomorphic to a subgraph" nil 1)
    ("simpleg" "G is a simple graph" nil 14)
    ("xycut" "(X,Y)-cutset" nil 5)
    ("xypath" "(X,Y)-path" nil 3)
    ("xypaths" "(X,Y)-paths" nil 5)
   ))

What appears to be happening is that when first loading this cutswet,
nothing is wrong.  everything appears ot be working normally.  Eventually,
it starts breaking, and only the first character of the abbrev is replace,
such that:
 xypath -> (X,Y)-path _ypath
where _ represents point.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

* Re: abbrev-mode not expanding entire word
       [not found] <mailman.1.1274276279.5758.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-05-19 17:23 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2010-05-19 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> What appears to be happening is that when first loading this cutswet,
> nothing is wrong.  everything appears ot be working normally.  Eventually,
> it starts breaking, and only the first character of the abbrev is replace,
> such that:
>  xypath -> (X,Y)-path _ypath
> where _ represents point.

> Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Doesn't ring a bell, no.  Check the various abbrev hooks
(pre-abbrev-expand-hook and abbrev-expand-functions mostly)?