all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* viper-mode, how to indent with spaces instead of a tab
@ 2013-04-14 18:06 eisenfinger
From: eisenfinger @ 2013-04-14 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In viper-mode, how do you cause spaces to be inserted instead of a tab
character.  For example, in Vi (elvis) the startup file would contain
'set it=spaces'.  Evidently, (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil) is
not sufficient by itself for viper-mode.  I don't understand the key
binding process well enough to write my own script.

* Re: viper-mode, how to indent with spaces instead of a tab
@ 2013-04-17 18:22 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2013-04-17 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

eisenfinger <apsteffe@netwood.net> writes:

> In viper-mode, how do you cause spaces to be inserted instead of a tab
> character.  For example, in Vi (elvis) the startup file would contain
> 'set it=spaces'.  Evidently, (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil) is
> not sufficient by itself for viper-mode.  I don't understand the key
> binding process well enough to write my own script.

Hmm, I know I used to have spaces rather than tabs back when I used viper.
I'll see if I can find my old .emacs file, and what is in it.  Although, I
think I have a .viperc or something like that as well.

Let me look around.

Dave

* Re: viper-mode, how to indent with spaces instead of a tab
@ 2013-04-17 20:57 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-04-17 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Evidently, (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil) is
> not sufficient by itself for viper-mode.

Could you show us your evidence?