all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* repeat function is not found
@ 2003-11-03 15:43 Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2003-11-03 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Halloechen!

When I use C-x z, I get the error message "Autoloading failed to
define function repeat".  Apparently I damaged my Emacs installation
somehow.  However,

/usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.el
/usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.elc

are existing and /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/ is part of the
load-path.  What could be wrong?

Tschoe,
Torsten.

* Re: repeat function is not found
@ 2003-11-03 15:49 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-11-03 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I use C-x z, I get the error message "Autoloading failed to
> define function repeat".  Apparently I damaged my Emacs installation
> somehow.  However,

> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.el
> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.elc

> are existing and /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/ is part of the
> load-path.  What could be wrong?

Try M-x list-load-path-shadows

* Re: repeat function is not found
@ 2003-11-03 15:52   ` Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2003-11-03 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Halloechen!

>> When I use C-x z, I get the error message "Autoloading failed to
>> define function repeat".  Apparently I damaged my Emacs installation
>> somehow.  However,
>
>> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.el
>> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.elc
>
>> are existing and /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/ is part of the
>> load-path.  What could be wrong?
>
> Try M-x list-load-path-shadows

I get the same error message.

@ 2003-11-03 16:17     ` Stefan Monnier
       [not found]       ` <m3vfq1kyzl.fsf@wilson.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-11-03 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> When I use C-x z, I get the error message "Autoloading failed to
>>> define function repeat".  Apparently I damaged my Emacs installation
>>> somehow.  However,
>>
>>> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.el
>>> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/repeat.elc
>>
>>> are existing and /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/ is part of the
>>> load-path.  What could be wrong?
>>
>> Try M-x list-load-path-shadows

> I get the same error message.

You mean when you hit M-x list-load-path-shadows you
get "Autoloading failed to define function repeat" ?

* Re: repeat function is not found
@ 2003-11-03 20:03       ` Torsten Bronger
       [not found]       ` <m3vfq1kyzl.fsf@wilson.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2003-11-03 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Halloechen!

>>> Try M-x list-load-path-shadows
>
>> I get the same error message.
>
> You mean when you hit M-x list-load-path-shadows you
> get "Autoloading failed to define function repeat" ?

I get "Autoloading failed to define function
list-load-path-shadows".

@ 2003-11-03 20:07         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-11-03 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Halloechen!

Ahoj!

>> You mean when you hit M-x list-load-path-shadows you
>> get "Autoloading failed to define function repeat" ?
> Exact.

Huh!?! Set "Options => Enter Debugger on Error" and reproduce the
error to get a backtrace.  That will hopefully explain why `repeat'
would ever be involved in the execution of M-x list-load-path-shadows.