all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
[parent not found: <20070630225915.BA9C05F435F@physsmtp.wustl.edu>]
* tex mode sub- and super-scripts
@ 2007-06-30  2:30 Mark Alford
From: Mark Alford @ 2007-06-30  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just upgraded to Fedora 7, which means I got upgraded from
emacs-21 to emacs-22. Now I find that when I edit a TeX file,
all subscripts (TeX _{xxx}) and superscripts (TeX ^{xxx})
are rendered in small type, lowered or raised on the line.

Since TeX is a markup language not a WYSIWYG application
this is not helpful to the readability of the TeX source.

How do I switch off this new behavior, while keeping the syntactic
color highlighting (font lock) that is helpful when composing TeX?