all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
[parent not found: <mailman.810.1078098980.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* A couple rudimentary elisp questions
@ 2004-02-29 23:55 exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2004-02-29 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm pretty new to emacs and I've decided it's time to
take a crack at some simple lisp.  I have a couple
silly questions:

1) Is there no way to specify multi-line comments?  I
read the 'comments' section in the 'Emacs Lisp
Reference Manual' and it seems to indicate not, but it
seems kind of hard to believe.  I'm trying to write a
custom c-style and it would be helpful if I could
comment/uncomment large chunks of my .emacs file and
reload it so I could try to figure out what's going
on.  If there really are no multi line comments is
there any tricks for kludging it?

2)  I see alot of lists of the form (foo . bar).  What
does the dot specify?

Thanks in advance for answering what must seem like
foolish questions.

-exits

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools